Monday 21 July 2014

Favourite Beauty Bloggers!



I have been on this beauty blogging train a short time; however I have been in the beauty and fashion industry for almost 10 years.
Beauty and fashion blogs if done correctly, (hopefully I am) can be a very lucrative career.
I feel that blogging, especially beauty blogging gives weight to brands, and gives legitimacy to products, (I never say ‘legit’ I actually like saying the words). It only makes sense that brands are taking note of what us bloggers are doing.

Here are some of my favourite beauty bloggers and beauty vloggers! I am sure some of your faves are on here too!





Photo Courtesy of OTHELLO GREY


I believe I found her on asianavenue! (haha!) Amazingly she was the one who inspired me to get into make up! She also hooked me up with my first cosmetics retail job. Amazingly, we have a lot of mutual friends, and it’s nice to see her every now and then! It has been great watching her career take off and become international working and living in London. Mila is so talented and creative and has a resilient contagious spirit.

Mila's Website

Photo courtesy of Joy Of Make Up


Joy is one of the sweetest women in the industry. I  found her through Mila on myspace! She told me once that she read my journal. *blushes* I love her genuine and honest blog posts working as a makeup artist. She always maintains her professionalism   When I started out, she was  more than willing to give me advice especially from a total stranger.  I was always too shy (I’m not shy but meeting someone off the internet can be somewhat awkward) to come up to her.

Joy's website


Photo courtesy of Beautylish


She is the quintessential ultimate beauty blogger! I remember her from reading her posts on livejournal make up communities when I was first starting out.  Temptalia is one of my faves because she reviews the most current products. She always has the inside scoops of beauty products previews and limited edition sneak peaks. Her dupe lists are ridiculously comprehensive. I highly recommend her blog if you love beauty products. The Temptalia foundation matrix is a great way to a base on how to figure out your skin's fit. 


Photo courtesy c/o ItsJudyTime

I remember searching online for Daiso and happen to find her ItsJudysLife channel on YouTube. I am now addicted and I watch every day religiously! Her family is so cute.  What I really love about ItsJudysTime is that she gives love to the drug store brands. I am now obsessed to buying drug store brands. It’s nice to see that she actually takes the time to review products that are affordable and that are available to everyone.  I especially enjoy Judy's foundation reviews because  she vlogs throughout the day and reports back on how the foundation worked out.  

Judy's website

No comments:

Post a Comment