Thursday 19 June 2014

Networking Event Make up Tutorial

I was invited by the Kapisanan crew to Next Day Better. Follow along as I show you my make up routine for this event!
(Just a warning this is picture heavy and they're extreme close ups)

I start off with fresh clean skin that has skin that cleansed. Any cleanser will do depending on your skin type. I try to go with something with oil control and removes make up.
Yikes! No make up. And especially no eyebrows! Haven't had real ones since high school!
I make sure that my skin is fully moisturized for the foundation that I will be using. When you moisturize, it makes foundation go on more even. I always look for products that have an SPF. I will also be using a matte lipstick so I like to make sure that I have a good lip balm that is not too oily. 

I am using Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Day in SPF 15 and  Blistex Lip Medex

Ever since BB creams (Beauty Balms) exploded into the market I can't get enough! This is my favourite of them:

Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm Skin Enhancer in Medium to Dark


TA DA! All evened out!I usually use the BB cream as my primer. I love the Marcelle BB cream because its light weight, highly pigmented and blends well. I like to wear the BB cream under my mineral powder foundation because of my normal to oily combination skin. I use a small amount and use my fingers to spread and blend. Because its light to medium coverage I tend to build my coverage.


I don't really want to bring out the big guns so I'll stick to my powder foundation; I will be using Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation in 60 Watts with Mac Fix Plus sprayed on my Beauty Blender foundation sponge

Blend, blend, blend!

After that I use I conceal any other blemishes or unevenness that is noticeable with a good concealer. Always get 1-2 shades lighter than your skin tone. That way you'll be able to hide your blemishes.

MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC 35

I like using a good concealer blender brush and blend under my eyes to brighten them up, any blemishes, and  the sides of my mouth.

Looking for blemishes and uneveness

Just for more blending sake I use MAC  107 stipling brush to blend out the concealer even more.

MAC 107 large Stipiling brush

Blending it all together

Next is my favourite! Bronzer! I love bronzers because they are so versatile.

MAC Bronzing Powder in Refine Golden
This Bronzer because it has such a deep shade, I like to use for contour.  In this case I used it at my temples, where my cheek bones start and a little by my jaw line.

Blending for days to give a more defined look.
Adding some under the cheekbones for dimension to the face.
Did I say that I love bronzer? Well I'll say it again! It's summer and the bronze / tan look will always be in! I use a lighter more beige bronzer on my cheeks.

I am using Joe Fresh bronzer in Sand and large blush brush
I make sure it's blended and use only on the apple of my cheeks sweeping in a swoosh motion from cheek up

Next I will be doing eyes. Always start with a light colour as a base. ( I lost the name of the pot I used as it's a collection in my Z palette) I used a soft white with a large flat brush.
I dab product all over then blend from inward to outwards eye using a large flat shadow brush
The fun part! My favourite go to palette that can be worn all the time. You can tell that this has been used a lot.

Urban Decay NAKED Palette
I want a dressed up look, still looking natural but fashionable. I am sticking to neutrals that's why I love the Naked palette so much.
On the Naked palette I used Smog. It is a bronze with brown and gold shimmer used with a flat medium shadow brush
I pat the Smog all over the bottom of my lid.

Next to add more definition

With a flat top shader brush I use Naked
I blend inwards out to the brow bone
To a more open eye look I used Virgin with a small shadow brush along my bottom waterline and tear duct
Look at my silly make up face
To make sure it's complete I go back with the same with large shadow brush and blend everything so there is no harsh lines.
So serious
Now my love and hate. Straight up, I don't have eyebrows. I haven't had them since I was in high school, yes when chola eyebrows were in. I threaded, tweezed, and plucked until they were all gone.What do you know? Thick eyebrows are totally back in style and I'm in love. I used to use a pencil but this product works so much better and lasts so much longer.
Benefit Browzings in Dark and MAC 266SE angle brush
Defining the arch more by dipping into the Browsing wax then going over it in the brow powder


I have super straight asian thick lashes so curling is a must.

I am using The Face Shop eyelash curler
I am a big Maybeline New York Mascara fan.  There are always so many mascaras in the market. A new one coming out every month. I am not a loyalist, but I have nothing bad to say about Maybeline's mascaras.

Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum Express Mascara in Very Black and Maybelline New York Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest black to finish off the eyes
I actually use the small angle brush from the Benefit Browzing because I have more control to wing my eye.
I then take a black/brown eye pencil and go over any uneven spots and do my outer corner waterline and top lid waterline so they're no gaps.
MAC Eye pencil in Coffee (My absolute fave as you can see Im totally running out)
To finish off my eyes I use falsies. These are from Pacific Mall. I cut them and just use them at the edge of my wings. You can save a lot of money doing that.

False eyelashes from a random store in Pacific Mall and I use DUO eyelash adhesive glue in Dark
I only use blush when I really go out. Because it's summer I wanted to use a colour that would really pop. I wanted a peachy/coral colour. I used an angle brush and used only on the apples of my cheeks.

Sephora Angle blush brush and MAC powder blush in Melba

I then went over the T-zone of my face with my fan brush to set everything with Ben Nye Classic White Translucent Loose Powder
Lastly lips!!!!! I love bright neons and I'm over wearing lipglosses (for now).

Joe Fresh lipstick in Melon and Anabelle lip liner in Hot Pink


The Completed look

Here I am at the Next Day Better Toronto event! 
Hope you liked my Tutorial/Routine post! Please remember to share!
Dee

1 comment: