Wednesday 28 May 2014

MeU & Everyone we know


Being stopped by H&M employees asking questions about the MeU bag outside Yonge & Dundas Square in the middle of the video shoot

My good friend Dean Vargas from Motion Pantry hooked me up with an awesome gig doing make up for a project he directed for MeU.

The Toronto weather has been pretty crazy and unpredictable as per usual this year. Our shoot was  rescheduled several times because of the spotty rain but we lucked out last Friday as we shot guerrilla style in the heart of down town.



I have only done on-location make up once before, so this was definitely a challenge which I was totally up for. Not to mention that this was a night shoot. Luckily I did not have to do full face make up for all talent.

Unfortunately, I neglected to take a shot of my kit.  I am planning to take ‘what’s inside my kit’ post on the blog soon. So stay tuned!

Here are some behind the scene shots I apologise in advance as the camera on my phone does not take the best photos:

Crew arriving and setting up
First Talent  and first scene: Troy! He was amazing! So funny and super enthusiastic! We kept laughing and didn't mind the resets as he kept us quite entertained over the walkies then did some trick shots on the bike.

He couldn't stop laughing when he said I was going to put brow gel on him. This is his brow fixing selfie.
Taming his brows


Ready to shoot on his reflective Tron bike


Dean resetting and taking some in car shots. (I was in the back seat the whole time)
Troy getting more direction from Dean

Second Talent and second scene was Jennifer. It was nice meeting her and I liked chit chatting about marketing:

Really bad photo of Jennifer's back 

Dean with his Gopro cam in a cart taking shots of Jennifer as the jogger

Jennifer getting some direction from Dean
Wrapping up Troy

Third and fourth talent and final scene. Christine (who is the inventor's marketing assistant Robert (great guy)) and Darryl who is also a friend of mine!




Dean setting up the last scene at Yonge & Dundas
Hey Darryl

Darryl noticing Christine

The attractive asians striking up conversation waiting for the street car


Getting on the street car!
I cannot wait to see how the editing magic of Dean and the whole concept and commercial shoot will turn out.

Motion Pantry is a Toronto based a full service boutique firm providing video production and motion graphics. Dean’s favourite is blending CGI with stop motion.

MeU (pronounced MEE-you) is a flexible wearable LED lights to display information. A modular system controlled by a smartphone via bluetooth. Embedded into clothing and accessories; jackets, shirts, pants and bags. MeU is designed to be removable so the user can wash the article of clothing, charge the battery or put it in another piece of clothing.

The launch date is TBA but please follow them!

Video courtesy of www.MeU.net




I always have fun shooting no matter who the client is or what the shoot is for. But none is more fun shooting with awesome friends and crew! I'll make sure that I post the finished video. I have a feeling that I made some of the shots as an extra haha!


dee 
Motion Pantry

xo 
(I need a better sign out!)

More Info:

http://www.motionpantry.ca/
https://www.facebook.com/motionpantry
Twitter: @motionpantry

Jennifer Dawson
http://bigdealdawson.com/
Twitter:@bigdealdawson
https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.dawson.714

MeU
http://theMeU.net
Twitter: @the_MeU_LED

Darry Gamotin
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2331432/
https://www.facebook.com/asiansploitation?fref=ts



No comments:

Post a Comment